Visitors to Canada Plan Overview
These plans are for travellers up to age 85 (69 for $150,000 coverage) who come to Canada to do business, work, vacation, study or reside for any period of time.Get a quote today!
Four Plans are available:
- $25,000 Plan - up to age 85
- $50,000 Plan - up to age 85
- $100,000 Plan - up to age 85
- $150,000 Plan - up to age 69
Includes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, multilingual Manulife Global Assistance Services. You are provided a toll-free number to use from anywhere if you need emergency medical assistance.
Where possible, you will have covered medical bills paid up front and will be provided with assistance for other medical needs such as arrangement of air ambulance services, referral to a physician at your destination and arrangements to return home for emergency medical care, if necessary.
We will not pay any expenses relating to…
- A pre-existing condition for which you have taken, received or been prescribed medication and/or treatment in the…
- Any heart condition for which you have taken, received or been prescribed medication and/or treatment or you have taken any form of Nitroglycerine for the relief of angina pain in the…
- Any lung condition for which you have taken, received or been prescribed medication and/or treatment or you received treatment with Oxygen or Prednisone in the…
…6 months before the effective date of insurance.
We will not pay any expenses for a pre-existing condition for which you were hospitalized either more than once, or for at least 2 consecutive days, in the 12 month period before your effective date of insurance.
Additional exclusions and restrictions may apply; please consult the policy booklet for full details.
- This policy may only be issued in Canada and coverage must not exceed 365 days.
- Application for insurance may be made before you arrive in Canada.
- On your effective date of insurance, you must be in Canada and under age 85 (under age 70 for $150,000 plan).
- You may not be covered under more than one plan during your trip.
You are not eligible for coverage under this policy if:
- the date of your trip occurs during the time that you have been advised by a physician not to travel; and/or
- you have been diagnosed with a terminal illness with less than 2 years to live; and/or
- you have a kidney condition requiring dialysis; and/or
- you have used home Oxygen during the 12 months prior to the date of application; and/or
- if you are under 31 days or over 85 years of age (over 69 years of age for the $150,000 plan).
Features & Benefits - Visitors to Canada Plans
- To calculate the rate for your family, take the rate of the eldest (or only) parent under 55 years of age and multiply it by 2.
- Family coverage is available to you if all family members to be insured are over 30 days and under 55 years of age and you have purchased and paid for family coverage.
- A $75 deductible applies to each claim made under this policy.
Note: this is a summary only; and does not represent a legally binding description of the coverage. Please see your policy wording for a full list of benefits, limitations and exclusions.